“I aspire every day to passion, creativity, critical thinking and to see beyond the conventional.”
Freelance writer and translator
My name is Damian Furfuro. I’m a freelance writer and translator. I write fiction, create content for websites, blogs and translate technical texts. I have two books published, a book of short stories published by the Argentine publishing house “Niña Pez Ediciones” called “Waking Up In The Dark”. The other one is a novel called “The Big room — Brief Journey Through The Unconscious”. I’m currently translating both books into English. Both are available on Amazon Kindle Store.
Since childhood, I was interested in drawing, music, and writing. I play guitar since I was fourteen. Composed songs in several bands of the rock scene of my city. Studied English and translation, made technical studies in communications and programming systems, studied music at the Conservatory of Music of Mar del Plata. Made some writing courses and workshops, and participated in anthologies of stories such as those carried out by “El Narratorio – Digital literary anthology”.
“Waking Up In The Dark” is my first published book in Spanish, with the Argentine publishing house “Niña Pez Ediciones”, and it’ll be soon on Amazon. The fourteen stories that make up this book are about childhood adventures; deal with disagreements; the separations that are generated both with distance and with the passage of time; the loss of the dearest and the unexpected reunions. The protagonists of these stories sometimes feel that hope is lost, that love is over, that their world is falling apart. But moved by an internal fire, they manage to find new forces to recover the lost and understand that they are made in the depths of their being.
“The Big room – Brief Journey Through The Unconscious” is m first novel, and tells the story of Julian, who suffers from depression and is admitted to a psychiatric clinic. Isolated and far from his family is when he starts writing every day. Thus, he revisits his childhood and travels a large part of his past life until he reaches his present. As he writes, he also reads in parallel the novel by an unknown author named Walter Solar. Julian feels identified with Eden, the protagonist of that novel. The two are rebuilding their lives in parallel; Julian through the stories he manages to tear away from oblivion; Eden traveling a world that borders dreams and nightmares. Both struggle to discover the world that lies hidden within each one.
I am a native Spanish speaker, fluent in English, experienced in translating literature from English to Spanish, and have a degree in translation. I have a good understanding of Spanish grammar, punctuation, spelling rules and a natural ability to understand and incorporate tips and suggestions. I am familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, Google documents, and I am very comfortable learning new technologies.
1) Research, writing, and publication of articles for web pages, blogs, and social networks.
2) Translation of technical texts from English to Spanish. And other texts such as publications, articles, novels, stories and letters.
3) Versatility in creative writing styles in Spanish.
4) Knowledge of Digital Marketing, Mailing, WordPress, MailChimp, Office Suite, etc.
5) Creating of SEO content.
6) Speak English fluently, and Spanish as my mother tongue.
My work history:
1) Professional Spanish-language writer and translator with two published books.
2) Dedicated to the creation of SEO content.
3) Research, writing and publishing articles for web pages, blogs, and social networks. I speak English fluently, and Spanish as my mother tongue.
4) Manager and partner in PLUS TEL S.R.L, the official agent of brands such as NEC, PANASONIC and UNIFY in Mar del Plata, Argentina.
5) Sell, install and perform services on computer systems and communications of brands such as NEC, PANASONIC, UNIFY, SANGOMA and YEALINK from the year 1998 to date.
6) Was Account Executive for the sale of Siemens brand communications systems at the Siemens Enterprise Communications agent in Mar del Plata, Argentina.
7) Worked as a Communications Systems Technician for the Siemens brand in the Siemens Enterprise Communications agent in Mar del Plata, Argentina.
My educational history:
1) I completed several creative writing workshops in my hometown, Mar del Plata, Argentina.
2) As manager and owner of PLUS TEL S.R.L, I have conducted courses in sales, installation, and service on computer and communications systems from 1998 to date.
3) Studied Music at the Conservatory of Music of Mar del Plata.
4) Studied English and translation at the AAEC – Argentine Association of English Culture.
5) Graduated as a technician in communication technologies.